RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Stardumb "Self Help"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Music & MP3s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jake-owa
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Stardumb "Self Help" Reply with quote

This is a rough mix of our first tune. It's myslef and Ed (Sonusman) Rei. his music and my vocals/lyrics on this one. I will update when we get a final mix going. The solo section will have Oprah and Montel samples when it's all done.

http://www.phoenixlightandsound.com/SelfHelp.mp3

Enjoy, more to come.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jake-owa
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Stardumb "Self Help" Reply with quote

As promised, here's a second tune, no real mixes yet, just tracking push mixes.

http://www.phoenixlightandsound.com/Enshrined.mp3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jake-owa
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Stardumb "Self Help" Reply with quote

Well, since I got such a huge response here, I'll keep sharing...hehe.

http://www.phoenixlightandsound.com/Chaps.mp3

Edit: Oops, I had the wrong link up here, it's fixed.

Last edited by jake-owa on Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starkey
audio school

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Stardumb "Self Help" Reply with quote

Dude, Seriously... I listened to just the rough mix and I have to say that the production quality is great! Kudos. I am particularly impressed with the vocal sounds. Although its not the final product, the vocal layers really draw in the listener. (The spoken parts of the vocals are a bit too dry, but dry the right way to go, I think) It reminds me of Failure... if Henry Rollins was helping on vocals... Overall there is a great balance in the mix -- great, but tame guitars and even drums (in the words of Wilco "let the snare drum crack") The group chant section is a nice touch too.

Sincerely, I like the song. Nice work. What is your recording set-up like? Where did you track this?

Thanks for putting it out there.
jake-owa
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Stardumb "Self Help" Reply with quote

These were recorded at my studio OtherWorldsAudio. We recorded on an Allen and Heath board into an HD24. We used some cheap mics and some ART preamps.

Thanks for listening.
octobre
audio school graduate
http://www.buhananrecords.com/graph/bands-ptads-s.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Stardumb "Self Help" Reply with quote

the screaming parts are not really sitting in the mix for me. they sound tacked on. maybe you can run them through some heavy compression or saturate them (i prefer screams out of a guitar amp or with a signal split at least, clean in one channel, distorted in another), but they're just feeling like there's some obnoxious fan next to me rather than part of the band.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jake-owa
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Stardumb "Self Help" Reply with quote

Uh huh, thanks. Like I said these are pretty much just tracking sessions so far. I think the before and after should be substantially different. These are just a friend and myslef so if it even sounds like a band is playing I guess we're doing pretty good. Razz Wink

Thanks for listening.
jake-owa
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Stardumb "Self Help" Reply with quote

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...shamless bump from the void of the second page....BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Ok, I'll stopit. Mad
sonusman
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Stardumb "Self Help" Reply with quote

Who is the moron that mixed this crap?
jake-owa
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Stardumb "Self Help" Reply with quote

Pretty sure it was you. Confused
sonusman
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Stardumb "Self Help" Reply with quote

OH! Well in that case, GREAT JOB man!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Music & MP3s All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: