Doves (the band)

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
sonicanger
ass engineer

Re: Doves (the band)

Post by sonicanger » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:50 am

Devlars wrote:I'd love to know where I could even find their DVD here in the states. I agree the new album should prove another fine album from Doves if reviews from Q music magazine are anything to go by (usually they are).
Got my copy at amazon.com. It was like $20ish if i remember correctly. All the music videos, the trailer footage they would show before live shows, the eden concert, a behind the scenes type documentary, and bunch of bonus hidden stuff, including a Sub Sub documentary, and one of the coolest looking DVD menu interfaces I've ever seen.

the_riff
takin' a dinner break

Post by the_riff » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:26 pm

I agree, this band is amazing. Their production is always great. I especially love the almost "pocket recorder" sound of some of the acoustic tracks on Last Broadcast. i think a tape op interview is mandatory :)

Devlars
re-cappin' neve

Post by Devlars » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:20 am

the_riff wrote:I agree, this band is amazing. Their production is always great. I especially love the almost "pocket recorder" sound of some of the acoustic tracks on Last Broadcast. i think a tape op interview is mandatory :)
Alright I'm going to pursue this. How cool would that be to get the answers to all of these questions directly from the people who created them!
"Yes, you're very smart. Now shut up."
-Peter Falk
Speakerphone
Rexrode Records

daede
takin' a dinner break

Post by daede » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:33 am

Devlars wrote:Alright I'm going to pursue this. How cool would that be to get the answers to all of these questions directly from the people who created them!
But I thought you created the questions?

All joking aside, good luck man. I would definitely be interested to hear what they have to say.
"There's nothing noble in being better than your fellow man. True nobility comes from being better than your former self." Or something like that.

www.dreamachinemusic.com

Devlars
re-cappin' neve

Post by Devlars » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:01 am

See what I get for typing too quickly...Yes I am going to do all that I can to get an interview somehow!
"Yes, you're very smart. Now shut up."
-Peter Falk
Speakerphone
Rexrode Records

sonicanger
ass engineer

Post by sonicanger » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:22 am

the_riff wrote:I agree, this band is amazing. Their production is always great. I especially love the almost "pocket recorder" sound of some of the acoustic tracks on Last Broadcast. i think a tape op interview is mandatory :)
They actually recorded the M60 Song off of Last Brodcast at a highway underpass.....if you listen you can hear cars and things going by in the background.....