RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Edit: has anyone used anything to convert AKAI floppies?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: This #%^ Computer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DryCounty
buyin' a studio
http://www.tulsadrone.com/img/scottwalker.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Edit: has anyone used anything to convert AKAI floppies? Reply with quote

Hello everyone

First I should say that this is a Mac-based question.

I have a friend who is soon to be leaving for Japan and wishes to consolidate some of his musical gear. He has an Akai S2000 sampler (which I believe uses 3.5" floppies) and also has the latest version of Reason.

Is there any way that the ReLoad utility will work if he gets a 3.5" USB floppy drive to convert the AKAI files to AIFF or whatever?

If not, is there _any_ other utility that can do this?

Thanks in advance!
Dry County Records Richmond, Virginia
twitter: drycounty
DryCounty
buyin' a studio
http://www.tulsadrone.com/img/scottwalker.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Edit: has anyone used anything to convert AKAI floppies? Reply with quote

Okay so I basically found out via another board that ReLoad will only work with AKAI CDs. Does anyone know of ANY Mac based (OS 9 or OS X) utilities that can batch convert AKAI floppies to AIFF or WAV?
Thanks in advance.
Dry County Records Richmond, Virginia
twitter: drycounty
syrupcore
deaf.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Edit: has anyone used anything to convert AKAI floppies? Reply with quote

I dunno of any but have you tried shareware music machine? they might have something.

will
housepig
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Edit: has anyone used anything to convert AKAI floppies? Reply with quote

the only software I've ever found is WavSnd - don't know if there's a Mac version.

Housepig Records
free mp3's
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: This #%^ Computer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: