RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
ProTools 6.2.2 always crashes when my mac sleeps

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: This #%^ Computer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
veedub242
pluggin' in mics
http://www.thedanger.net/roomzero.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: ProTools 6.2.2 always crashes when my mac sleeps Reply with quote

so i am mixing for a few hours and i get up to eat and go to the bathroom. come back 15 min later and my mac is sleeping. I hit any key to wake up and continue and protools unexpectedly quits and I loose everthing i just worked on. Its happened to me like 5 times. I also know i need to get into the habit of saving every 2 seconds which i dont do. I have since turned off the energy saver but that seems like a cheap fix to a bigger problem. any suggestions?

Also, when I double click a protools icon to open a session. Protoos will open and then i have to click the icon again to get the session to open. weird shit. Thanks,
Ian
dual 867 G4 10.3.7
digi 002 rack
protools 6.2.2[/i]
sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ProTools 6.2.2 always crashes when my mac sleeps Reply with quote

You are supposed to have to have energy saver disabled, it is one of the first steps to configuring your computer listed in the PT setup guide. Leave it off and you shouldn't have that problem anymore.

You can also configure PT to automatically save a copy of your session at a specified interval if you can't get into the habit of saving it yourself.
DryCounty
buyin' a studio
http://www.tulsadrone.com/img/scottwalker.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: ProTools 6.2.2 always crashes when my mac sleeps Reply with quote

If your computer goes to sleep it will essentially lose all connectivity to any external (re: 002) devices. Make sure your computer NEVER goes to sleep -- if you must, configure a screen saver or something after x number of minutes but do not have it sleep at all. Also make sure that the "put the hard disks to sleep whenever possible" button is not checked either.
Dry County Records Richmond, Virginia
twitter: drycounty
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: This #%^ Computer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: