RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
tech question - Need help finding the correct pots

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: General Recording
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The2and4
ass engineer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: tech question - Need help finding the correct pots Reply with quote

Got a Demeter Series H tube mic-preamp, but the pots are really scratchy, noisy and even if I find a setting that works, I get a little "ffffT" noise every once in a while.

I think I can handle replacing them myself, but need help finding the right pots. I got some great help over at PSW, just trying to make absolutely sure that I get the exact right stuff. I just can't seem to narrow it down to the right ones. Does anyone here know this particular preamp? And maybe a part number for the right replacements?

Alpha pots, A500K and A20K. Three little connecters soldered to the board.

Please, oh please. This thing sounds awesome when it works!
kcrusher
tinnitus
http://www.bombastique.com/bucky.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: tech question - Need help finding the correct pots Reply with quote

Why not contact Demeter directly to find out?

http://www.demeteramps.com/
puffpastry
pushin' record

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: tech question - Need help finding the correct pots Reply with quote

I would advise that you check for the presence of DC voltage on the pot in question before you replace it. A leaky coupling cap can cause the problem that you're experiencing, but replacing the pot itself won't clear it up.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: General Recording All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: