An Apprentice without a Mentor

Katrina
studio intern

An Apprentice without a Mentor

Post by Katrina » Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:24 pm

Greetings! I am a recent graduate of Bennington College (Bennington, VT) and am seeking an apprenticeship with a knowledgeable recording engineer and/or producer.

I have experience with live & studio, classical & non-classical recording. I was an intern for Adam Abeshouse, a Grammy-winning engineer/producer, and also was the production intern for Yale University's Norfolk Chamber Music Festival. Currently, I am a student of Thomas Haines, Ron Streicher, Juergen Wahl, & John Eargle at the Edgar Stanton Audio Recording Institute (Aspen Music Festival & School).

Just think about it...you could have, under your tutelage, a hard working, intelligent person that is willing to do just about anything to learn about sound and music. I am not above making coffee, running errands, babysitting, and carrying heavy equipment. I am also willing to relocate to any of the following cities (or the surrounding areas): Chicago, New York City, San Francisco, New Orleans, Sante Fe, and Minneapolis. If you are interested and/or have some good advice, please feel free to contact me at kmonta211@hotmail.com. Thank you!
Sincerely,
Katrina Monta

Toddf
takin' a dinner break

Re: An Apprentice without a Mentor

Post by Toddf » Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:25 am

We have internships available. Everyone who works here was an intern at one time. Todd F.
Todd Fitzgerald
Producer/Engineer
Winterland Studios
Minneapolis, MN
www.winterlandstudios.com

Katrina
studio intern

Re: An Apprentice without a Mentor

Post by Katrina » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:19 pm

Dear Todd,
Thank you for the reply! It's awfully nice of you to do so but I've found an internship in Brooklyn for the winter. If I ever end up in Minneapolis, I will keep you in mind though.
Thanks again!
- Katrina