sample recordings from my studio...

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

sample recordings from my studio...

Post by Russian Recording » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:33 am

Hi, you can listen to a bunch of stuff I've recorded here:

Russian Recording Audio Page

choose a format: mp3, aiff or wav. The wav/aiff files will be short (1 minute) snippets of the song whereas the mp3 file is the entire thing.

the board looks cool.

mtar

Brett Siler
moves faders with mind

Post by Brett Siler » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:45 pm

That new Racebannon is gonna be awesome, it sounds heavy as fuck. I kinda torn on the mixing of the vocals. I kinda like how it sounds like some minical crazy guy insanly screaming in the corner of a room. The I kinda want to hear it more clearly. Overall I like it.

Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve

Post by Russian Recording » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:20 pm

InvalidInk wrote:That new Racebannon is gonna be awesome, it sounds heavy as fuck. I kinda torn on the mixing of the vocals. I kinda like how it sounds like some minical crazy guy insanly screaming in the corner of a room. The I kinda want to hear it more clearly. Overall I like it.
thanks man. This record will be very heavy. That is a rough mix and the low vocal levels are intentional (per band request, it's supposed to be a distant/effecty thing). I really like how the guitars and drums sounded on this particular rough mix cause it was so, well, heavy. This track also doesn't give away too much of the record (it's the closer), so we thought it might be a good "teaser", whatever that means.

Hey if you want to hear another track (also a rough mix, but with appropriate vox levels), download this Racebannon mp3 (Sister Fucker), it's lo-res cause it's from my studio's myspace page.

Hey while I'm at it, here are direct links to some more mp3s...

Push-Pull: URDead.mp3
This is my band. This song appears on a split 7" with...

The Coke Dares: No Pictures.mp3
This is one of 43 songs recorded and mixed entirely live to 1/4" 2 track in 3 days. Bass, guitar, drums and they all sing.

Faith Kleppinger: No Galore.mp3
This was recorded about 2 years ago, but I really like how it sounds. It's some dark folky stuff for you.

Angelville: Devil's Tongue.mp3
Hardcore anyone? This stuff is some of the best recording practice you can get. 6 layers of gtrs!

Trio In Stereo: Share.mp3
Good spacial keyboardy, "Sea and Cake"ey indy rockish sort of stuff. This was fun to record because there was a lot of space (musically), cool instrumentation and some nice sounds to capture.

Hey, let me know what you think.

many thanks.

tateeskew
steve albini likes it

Post by tateeskew » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:56 am

good stuff, mike. thanks.