urs neve and api EQs

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

xSALx
pushin' record

urs neve and api EQs

Post by xSALx » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:34 pm

So what do u guys think about these? Im debating whether to get them or not. I know they're not gonna be as good as the hardware, but do they sound good?

T-rex
dead but not forgotten

Post by T-rex » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:36 pm

I got them and I love them. Really way way better sounding than the waves stuff. Until I tried these I thought all plugs sounded the same, but these are definitly better than any other EQ plug I have tried and they are great for rock n roll, in my opinion.

I rescued a very poorly recorded kick in one mix and gave some real bite to some muddy sounding guitars. Only a small adjustment and you will really hear the change.

Two more things:
1. They are super easy on the CPU. You can run one on every channel (not that you would want to) but no matter how many I use I never see any problem with performance.

2. I really like the limited number of choices compared to the infinite number of Q, freq, etc in Waves. If I knew a sound needed some adjusting I could end up playing with it forever and not finding what I am looking for with waves. With these, it's much quicker for me to get good results.

Just my opinion, but obviously I am a fan.
[Asked whether his shades are prescription or just to look cool]
Guy: Well, I am the drummer.

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Post by Mr. Dipity » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:23 pm

T-rex wrote:I got them and I love them. Really way way better sounding than the waves stuff. Until I tried these I thought all plugs sounded the same, but these are definitly better than any other EQ plug I have tried and they are great for rock n roll, in my opinion.
The waves stuff is underwhelming and old, in any case. The Rencomp and channel is ok, as is the linear stuff, if you have the massive bucks for it.

the riff
takin' a dinner break

Post by the riff » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:06 am

I have the URS eq's and I like them quite a bit so far. The eq's are very responsive. The slight boost definitely gives a noticable change. Thumbs up :)

allbaldo
pushin' record

Post by allbaldo » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:34 am

Another vote for! The URS eq's are the best I've tried.