M-Audio USB Mobile Pre help

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

ELotion
audio school

M-Audio USB Mobile Pre help

Post by ELotion » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:31 am

Hello, I am new, I looked for this message board weeks ago only to find that it was down, but i am glad that it is up again.

I am wondering if some of you could help me with a problem I seem to have with my M-Audio USB Mobile Pre. I don't use that great of a microphone, for its a friends microphone and it is a stereo mic, not XLR(don't know if thats the right name, hopefully). When I record, it seems to sound very, fuzzy and has quite a bit of hiss, specifically at higher volumes, which honestly aren't too high at all, too low of a volume for recording isn't that good. Could be the equipment that just isn't good enough?

Also. Since it has both channel and microphone inputs, I tried running my guitar amplifier through its headphone jack, into one of the audio interfaces channel inputs. It sounded well at low volume, though when I raised the knob up it would sound incredibly distorted and very very bad in quality. I lowered the volume on both my amplifier and on the interface to see if i could get a better sound.

Is this a problem with the interface itself, or could it just be what it is im trying to record that just doesn't comply.

Thank you. :wink:

(and sorry, Moderators, if i posted this in the incorrect forum, I know how it feels :P)
don't have one yet....

:-|

ELotion
audio school

Post by ELotion » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:51 am

anyone??

or any close experience.
don't have one yet....

:-|

mcfl0nuz
gettin' sounds

Post by mcfl0nuz » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:09 am

i have one, i think its a hiss comin from the mobile pre itself. i get it when i plug a keyboard in directly. havent really paid attention while using a mic. so far ive been using it mess around on the mobile recording tip.

though, the hiss wasnt a big deal when i recorded the winds and rains from hurricane katrina :)