Andrew Bird, RE: Eggs and the Mysterious Production, Of

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

cashed checks
gimme a little kick & snare

Andrew Bird, RE: Eggs and the Mysterious Production, Of

Post by cashed checks » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:50 pm

It hasn't left my stereo since it came out and without my precious TOMB I haven't been able to gush about it with like minded geeks. He will be playing in Chicago again later this month so I want to get myself phyched up for this show. Let's dish all things Bird.

#1: Do you think the vocals were tracked all alone? I've gone backwards picking up his records and on the WeatherSystems video it all seems pretty balanced with him plucking his violin and singing and trading off. I know those shots are just for the dvd but it really works. It seems to help the performance, although he has such and expressive voice to begin with.

#2: In all the promo shots, he's holding a breifcase. Is this the Pulp Fiction breif case and if so, what is inside? Jules' soul?

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:44 am

I absolutely LOVE that album, and I think I'll be coming up to Chicago for the show later this month. I have no idea about the vocal tracking, but I do like how up front they sound to me. He did that album in like 3 or 4 different studios, didn't he?

ottokbre
deaf.

Post by ottokbre » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:44 pm

i've seen him once, one man show. AMAZING.

he's rockin the DL4, the Boss looper and a Boss pitch-shifter while doing the tip-toe he's got the violin and singing with complete relaxed control.
so amazing. the man has got swagger.
boobs are life's fountain