Neumann Lathe For Sale

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Gold
audio school graduate

Neumann Lathe For Sale

Post by Gold » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:31 pm

Neumann VMS 62 Special lathe for sale. I got a new one.

Includes VMS 62 Special lathe with pitch, depth, and integration amplifiers. VG66S cutterhead drive package. SX68 cutterhead rebuilt to take the temperature of an SX74. It is 1.4dB less sensitive than an SX74. Zero hours of use.
System delivered fully working. Full documentation. VG66 in the process of being fully restored, recapped, made nice.

Installation, support, training is available.

$13,500

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:24 pm

Holy Cow

Group buy?

Some NYers should get together and pitch in to fund and set up a community vinyl commune..

whos in and can pay?

10 people pitch in $1350.00..and monthly/yearly/etc maintinence fees..someone has to donate space and then someone to be the "tech and caretaker"..It would probably create a job or two in the city since if you could provide extremely cheap pressing and you would most likely be booked all the time..

could this work..I have no idea..

philipwinn
audio school graduate

lathe

Post by philipwinn » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:31 am

Of course if you can't afford the lathe, you can always go to Paul and Tom
for the best, most reasonably priced, and professional vinyl mastering
and pressing in the east...that's what I'm doing.

www.vinylmastering.net
www.brooklynphono.com

Gold
audio school graduate

Post by Gold » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:07 pm

BEARD_OF_BEES wrote: could this work..I have no idea..
I should say yes but the answer is probably no. A partner situation could work but you really don't want any yahoos using the machine. It is way too complicated and easy to damage. It only takes a few milliseconds off doing something stupid to blow up the cutterhead. Who pays the 5k+ to fix it?

It takes serious dedication to be an operator let alone an owner operator. It's a good oportunity for someone wanting to get into it. It's less than a later model and I'm offering support. But it is not for the faint of heart.