Quotes anyone?

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

Randy
tinnitus

Quotes anyone?

Post by Randy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:03 pm

My band is applying to the cluster**** that is SXSW, and since we have been writing, practicing, and recording for the last year, we haven't tried to hustle any schmooze. Anyone have something to say about this stuff? Be mean if you want, we can handle it.

http://www.lungcookierecords.com/faker

Thanks in advance!
not to worry, just keep tracking....

shedshrine
deaf.

Post by shedshrine » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:10 pm

Cool stuff-"Mistakes Were Made"

I hear the Pixies and shades of Neil Geraldo's work on Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar.

To my ears, this song would kick even more with some backing vox from the band, a call and response, not neccesarily mimicking the "what separates us.." line, but something that would fit that space, spoken voice vocal range. Maybe even partially overlapping a little, the sound of the backing voices would be as important as whatever they say.

thanks,

Mike

John Jeffers
buyin' a studio

Post by John Jeffers » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:21 pm

"Mistakes Were Made" is definitely the strongest tune.

Did you record the drums with OH/room only? They sound too distant. I'd really like to hear more close mics if there are any. I really think the kick and snare need to be stronger.

The vocals are pitchy at times, and it's particularly evident when there are background vocals.