Neutral Milk Hotels Demos

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

lsn110
steve albini likes it

Neutral Milk Hotels Demos

Post by lsn110 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:16 pm

http://pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-12/01.shtml

I was already home recording when Jeff Magnum came along, but when the Everything Is... 7" came out I was floored. Looks like someone found some lost tracks....

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:39 pm

cool! thanks for the heads up!

NMH was one of my favorite bands ever.

junkyardtodd
gettin' sounds

Post by junkyardtodd » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:23 pm

Go to Continuum Books web site, and check out their book on "Aeroplane" in their 33 1/3 series. Completely fascinating, not so much on the recording technic, but plenty of recording philosophy. A must get!
Yes, I am one of THOSE people, up in the attic, trying to recreate the magical sounds of my youth (cheap trick, boston, pavement) on the family 8 track recorder.

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:54 am

junkyardtodd wrote:Go to Continuum Books web site, and check out their book on "Aeroplane" in their 33 1/3 series. Completely fascinating, not so much on the recording technic, but plenty of recording philosophy. A must get!
I just found out about these yesterday. (There was a review of a few of them in a magazine at the mastering studio.) Have you read many of them? How are they? The reviews were sort of mixed from book to book.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC