do you live in new york and play bass

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

seaneldon
pushin' record

do you live in new york and play bass

Post by seaneldon » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:03 am

Hey. I play in a band on Long Island (I know. Sorry. It's where the girlfriend lives). We were together about a year and then decided to take some time apart. Now we're playing again. We want you to play bass with us.

It's kind of mathrock/aggrevated guitar music. Basslines have a lot of R&B influence. "We like Don Cab, Dismemberment Plan, and Fugazi way too much" would be a good description of the sound.

If you have a synth or something you wanna play as well, cool. We do that too.

I don't care if you sing or not, you get a microphone. Use it if you want. We're doing the no frontman thing.

I wrote an album while the band was apart. It's good. We'll record it when we're ready.

We're gonna play live, too. When the record is done we can go on tour.

Please have good equipment, please be good at the bass, please like good music, please drink cheap red wine and expensive dark beer, please be open-minded, please be intelligent, and please move into a house with us that will double as a rehearsal space.

Anyone wanna go on this? Shit, if you're not in NY but you don't like where you're at now, you can move out here and give it a shot. We're a good band. We have fun.

Cheers,

Sean Eldon
President, Rock Music

Manic Compression
audio school

Bass Player

Post by Manic Compression » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:05 am

You might want to put a free classified on http://www.newyorkmusician.com. Just click on their classified banner and you're there. It's free and requires no registration.

Hope this helps.