my myspace...

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

bannerj
re-cappin' neve

my myspace...

Post by bannerj » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:04 pm

I have 2.5 songs on there. As the site says, I was heading more in the direction of folktronica but now after writting with my wife things are looking a bit more folksy. like many of you I am trying to reconcile my listening interests with my writing interests.

I would love any feedback from any of you. I have just started to collaborate with a multi-instrumentalist friend. I give him studio time in exchange for him playing some on our songs. So I am more motivated to start getting ideas from others

www.myspace.com/ordinaryneighbors

Oh, and my wife just released her first book of poetry. Check it out too. Most of what I am doing right now is trying to put her poems to music.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/029921 ... s&v=glance

ataraxia
takin' a dinner break

Post by ataraxia » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:42 pm

this is amazing.....................i want to buy.

Grape Ape
audio school

Post by Grape Ape » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:09 pm

thanks a ton. I need the encouragement these days. I really respect the Tape Op community and hope for more feedback.

We have about twelve songs in the works. I'd like to have fourteen or fifteen. Unfortunately we probably won't have anything for sale any time soon, but I set it up the other day so that you can download the songs.

bannerj
re-cappin' neve

Post by bannerj » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:18 am

ok...weird. Somehow my post above "thanks a ton..." got posted under a friend's account. I must have been logged in under his name and didn't know it.

Anyway, thanks ya big grape ape! And look! its your very first post! congrats.

YOUR KONG
buyin' a studio

Post by YOUR KONG » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:05 pm

This is cool - I saw "folk" and ran in the other direction (personal bias, I admit to being shallow), but on seeing ataraxia's praise I decided to check it out - really well done! I'm loving the little barely audible drums and things like that coming in and out of the background.

Really neat! Two thumbs up.

thom yorke
ass engineer

Post by thom yorke » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:36 pm

Guess who has two thumbs and is in Radio Head.

(points at self)
This guy.

curtiswyant
re-cappin' neve

Post by curtiswyant » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:17 pm

thom yorke wrote:Guess who has two thumbs and is in Radio Head.

(points at self)
This guy.
What's it like trying to live up to OK computer for the rest of your musical career?

curtiswyant
re-cappin' neve

Re: my myspace...

Post by curtiswyant » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:07 am

bannerj wrote:I have 2.5 songs on there. As the site says, I was heading more in the direction of folktronica but now after writting with my wife things are looking a bit more folksy. like many of you I am trying to reconcile my listening interests with my writing interests.

I would love any feedback from any of you. I have just started to collaborate with a multi-instrumentalist friend. I give him studio time in exchange for him playing some on our songs. So I am more motivated to start getting ideas from others

www.myspace.com/ordinaryneighbors

Oh, and my wife just released her first book of poetry. Check it out too. Most of what I am doing right now is trying to put her poems to music.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/029921 ... s&v=glance

beautiful stuff! 8)