Ross Hogarth Interview

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

Jeremy D. Acker
audio school graduate

Ross Hogarth Interview

Post by Jeremy D. Acker » Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:05 pm

I truly appreciated the interview with Ross Hogarth. I'm a huge fan of Burne Hogarth's drawing techniques, and now I can understand why Ross is so talented himself. I would love to work with and learn more from Ross and a thousand other musicians / engineers featured in your magazine; TapeOp does a great job illuminating, educating, and inspiring me. I am biting my nails anticipating the next issue. For the future, perhaps TapeOp can explore the recordings of 70s NYC bands such as the Fuzztones or The Speedies.

Jeremy Acker
Mandolino21@hotmail.com

dither
pluggin' in mics

Re: Ross Hogarth Interview

Post by dither » Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:39 pm

Jeremy D. Acker wrote:I truly appreciated the interview with Ross Hogarth. I'm a huge fan of Burne Hogarth's drawing techniques, and now I can understand why Ross is so talented himself. I would love to work with and learn more from Ross and a thousand other musicians / engineers featured in your magazine; TapeOp does a great job illuminating, educating, and inspiring me. I am biting my nails anticipating the next issue. For the future, perhaps TapeOp can explore the recordings of 70s NYC bands such as the Fuzztones or The Speedies.

Jeremy Acker
Mandolino21@hotmail.com
I own a few of his anatomy books and i know he has been an inspiration for many. It literally blew me away when I read that Burne was his father! I just thought "the world is a damn, fine small place"

rolandk
buyin' gear

Post by rolandk » Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:50 pm

Ross is co-moderater of a forum here and chimes in quite a bit.
my band: Mission 5

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:18 am

I really enjoyed that piece as well..Ross seems like a very talented, experienced, and down to earth guy..big up yourself Ross..your a great role model to younger folks and anyone who works with people on a day to day basis..