Looking for space in upstate NY - HV area?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

TA
alignin' 24-trk

Looking for space in upstate NY - HV area?

Post by TA » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:36 pm

Sorry if I go on a little rant here....

After almost 4 years of recording in the same room, I now find my self out in the cold with recording gear and no room.

In short, I owned most of the gear and engineered the sessions and my studio partner\the guy who had a nice space attached to his house,... well provided the space.

I spent the last two month or so re-tooling with equipment, sold off some gear and invested about $4000 in building a custom PC, Digi 002, mic pre ..etc (good thing I made it portable).... I call my partner to let him know I was going to come in on Friday for a session I just lined up and he tells me "you know what, I dont think I can do this any more" I say what do you mean? he say "I`m not making any money doing this" ....!!!!!!!!....What!! I`m think, we dont do this for the money, beside the space is in your house doing nothing. No over head!.... now things have been slow there and we havent had any gig lately, as I was re-tooling and havent really been pushing for new gigs during the transition, I was about to now that I`m all set up again, the new year is here! Nevermind new gigs, I`m begining to get calls from guys who I record when they are in town (mostly collage guys coming back to the area during break) they`re looking to record.....so the timing off this "I`m not making any money" really sucks right now..... :cry: ... wants to use the space for storage.....such a waste of space :shock:

So if anyone has or knows of a space they want to rent on a per use basis, please let me know, I`d appreciate it.... I can probably get away with tracking gtrs, bass and vox on location, I`ll go to them. I really need a room for drums! well, I guess for those big fat guitars as well? ....dam! I need a room. I do moslty rock, hard rock, alt, jam band stuff.....I did record a Hip Hop artist once 8)

Or if anyone looking to partner up :?: I`m open.

I`m located about an hour or so north of NYC.....Unfortunatly, I`m of course on a limited budget so....low budget.

Thanks,

I feel like I`ve been dumped :( ...lol

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:10 pm

Mercury Rev has a studio in Kingston..They might be into renting it..pm me..

I'm looking/saving to buy a space in Westchester right now..to live and work..and build a "real" studio..NY is the one of the most expensive places for real estate in the country..its an uphill battle..but I'm going to make this work or die trying..

One solution might be to rent a church or community center..

TA
alignin' 24-trk

Post by TA » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:05 am

No shit man, I here ya....I live (rent) in lower Dutchess and work in lower Westchester. Its tough around here, unless you have mucho $.

Tell me more about Mercury Rev studio in Kingston? I kinda have a temp situation for now. I just went to the guys house to record, it worked out well! Just did act gtr some vox and piano, really nice place in Scarsdale hardwood floor high ceiling, good acoustics. He has a drummer to lay down tracks in couple weeks, dont know were we`ll do that just yet. I`d like to set up in that same room, but its the kids parents house, dont know it they`d be cool with drums slamming away in there sitting room...

I started recording my band at the other gtr players house were we rehearse, drums are coming out better than I expected, still not the ideal room IMO but it works.... some how I got sucked into playing in my friends band that I have little time for, but thats another conversation....I havent played in a seriose band in years....

Are you in Westchester?
make this work or die trying
second that motion...some where, some how...

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:13 pm

I will PM you..

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:29 pm

I pm'ed and sent you an email..