SL-880 pro,Logic Express7,Mobilepre, MIDISPORT UNO, HELP

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

mikehix
audio school

SL-880 pro,Logic Express7,Mobilepre, MIDISPORT UNO, HELP

Post by mikehix » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:41 pm

Logic Express7
M-Audio Mobile Pre USB
FATAR SL-880 pro midi controller
M-audio MIDISPORT UNO usb-to-MIDI interface

I have been stuck for one whole year now on this f'n thing now and I cant find any help. ANYONE?!? Here is my problem:

I have been using this software for quite some time for audio and I wanted to get into composing with MIDI....I got a FATAR SL-880 pro to do this one year ago and I cant get any output.

IS THERE ANONE FAMILIAR WITH THIS PRODUCT AND SOFTWARE

Professor
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Professor » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:44 pm

No output from the SL-880 meaning no MIDI exiting the device and arriving at the computer? or no audio coming out of the device? or MIDI arriving at the computer, activating a software synth, but audio not making it out of the computer?
The SL-880 is just a controller, right? What are you controlling?

-Jeremy

mikehix
audio school

Post by mikehix » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:13 pm

Professor wrote:No output from the SL-880 meaning no MIDI exiting the device and arriving at the computer? or no audio coming out of the device? or MIDI arriving at the computer, activating a software synth, but audio not making it out of the computer?
The SL-880 is just a controller, right? What are you controlling?

-Jeremy

Logic is receiveing info from sl880 cotroller, but there is no output from the compute

Professor
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Professor » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:21 pm

What is the info trying to control? And outboard software synth like Reason, or a plug-instrument like an East-West library?

-J

mikehix
audio school

Post by mikehix » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:46 pm

I guess I am not exactly sure what you mean. Do I need other software or hardware to hook the controller into before it goes to the computer? Doesn't Logic come with software instruments already to be controlled by a midi keyboard, or do I need to buy some sort of external synth device? I am sorry for my incompetent questions, but I am not a tech head but a musician. Thanx for your patience.