Bass Traps

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

agauchede
gettin' sounds

Bass Traps

Post by agauchede » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:20 am

I have just received an Auralex package containing 4 LENRD Bass traps. My room is about 11' x 12' with 8-9' ceilings. What I'm wondering is this: Will I be best served by placing them in each of the four UPPER corners, two in each FRONT UPPER corner or two in each FRONT corner, but in the middle of the wall, ie., inline with the monitors. Maybe some other configuration? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks everyone!
Chris

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:17 am

I'd got one in each of the top corners, but probably the best is to place them temporarily and see what kind of reaction you get in various places.

agauchede
gettin' sounds

Post by agauchede » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:28 am

Yeah - I imagined I'd put on a favorite album and start putting them up - see how the sound changes as I go.

Thanks!
Chris

agauchede
gettin' sounds

Advice from chilly Maine...

Post by agauchede » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:46 pm

...make sure the wall you mount to is not very cold - TubeTak has a really hard time sticking to it!

Chris

myfipie
gimme a little kick & snare

Re: Bass Traps

Post by myfipie » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:44 am

agauchede wrote:I have just received an Auralex package containing 4 LENRD Bass traps. My room is about 11' x 12' with 8-9' ceilings. What I'm wondering is this: Will I be best served by placing them in each of the four UPPER corners, two in each FRONT UPPER corner or two in each FRONT corner, but in the middle of the wall, ie., inline with the monitors. Maybe some other configuration? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks everyone!
Chris
I would tend to think you would need about 4 times that amount to really start to make a difference.. It is more like 4 for each corner and then you need to start working on ceiling to wall corners..
GIK Acoustics
www.gikacoustics.com