DDA console

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

ryangeller
ass engineer

DDA console

Post by ryangeller » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:12 am

how much is too much for a used Q series DDA console? it seems to be in good shape, and I know of no problems with it. 16x8 design. http://www.grahamandcompany.com/ebay/avi/DDA9.jpg

thanks, ryan

Scodiddly
genitals didn't survive the freeze

Post by Scodiddly » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:26 am

I've got a DDA "Interface" 16x4. Nice console, the company is obscure but made good stuff ("Soundcraft people who eventually became Midas" is my understanding of the lineage). Don't expect any heavy old-skool street cred - these generally didn't have input transformers, used op-amps, etc. But on the other hand they're quiet, the EQ sounds nice, easy to work on, etc.

I spent $1000 on mine, with road case. You might also think a little about expected maintenance costs, since some of the bigger models apparently ran their power supply a little hard.

ryangeller
ass engineer

Post by ryangeller » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:27 am

thanks. the bid for it w/ 5 hours left is $500 w/out shipping or insurance. i think i'm going to pass. -- ryan

snatchman
george martin

Post by snatchman » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:50 am

Scodiddly wrote:I've got a DDA "Interface" 16x4. Nice console, the company is obscure but made good stuff ("Soundcraft people who eventually became Midas" is my understanding of the lineage). Don't expect any heavy old-skool street cred - these generally didn't have input transformers, used op-amps, etc. But on the other hand they're quiet, the EQ sounds nice, easy to work on, etc.

I spent $1000 on mine, with road case. You might also think a little about expected maintenance costs, since some of the bigger models apparently ran their power supply a little hard.
Yeah, the DDA stuff sounds good. I used to use one live for this sound company I worked for! DDA which now are the makers of the Audient gear. David Deardon/ (?)Davies are the originators names I think! I would like to own that ASP-8024 console,but it's about $30,000.00..!.. :roll: ................... :lol: