Any jobs in North Carolina?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

phantompower
audio school

Any jobs in North Carolina?

Post by phantompower » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:18 pm

Hello all,

I am planning on moving to the Raleigh, North Carolina area and I was wondering if anyone knew any places that might be looking for an extra guy. I do work in pretty much everything; studios, live, radio, post. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cody

jimbob
alignin' 24-trk

Post by jimbob » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:29 am

i hate to be rude or discouraging but raleigh isn't really overflowing with large studios. i live in raleigh and all the engineering work i've gotten has been from bands i've met and through friends. that said, i think raleigh and the whole triangle is a great place to live with lots of great bands. just don't expect to get a staff job anywhere (do those even exist anymore?)

phantompower
audio school

Post by phantompower » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:22 pm

I really wasn't expecting a studio job because I kinda had that feeling that it wasn't studio central. With that being said about bands. What about live work. Are there any clubs or places that need live engineers. I'm not soley set on finding a studio job. Thanks again.

Cody

jimbob
alignin' 24-trk

Post by jimbob » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:20 am

phantompower, sorry if i sounded like an asshole in the last post. i think it was just some of my own frustration at not finding work around here. that said, there are a ton of clubs around here. i don't do any live sound work and i don't know anyone who does, but if i were you i would just go to a bunch of clubs and talk to the sound guys. i'm sure they want a night off every now and then. some of them might be jerks but i'm sure you'll find a few that can help you. good luck, and welcome to the triangle!

-jim bob

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Re: Any jobs in North Carolina?

Post by apropos of nothing » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:42 pm

phantompower wrote:I am planning on moving to the Raleigh, North Carolina area and I was wondering if anyone knew any places that might be looking for an extra guy. I do work in pretty much everything; studios, live, radio, post. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Its the same anywhere -- go where the musicians are and network. Indeed, welcome to RTP. As good for music as anywhere in the world, I think.