Microphone Techniques Seminar in Detroit!!

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

@?,*???&?
on a wing and a prayer

Microphone Techniques Seminar in Detroit!!

Post by @?,*???&? » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:37 pm

Knowing how to use microphones effectively can be the difference making a 'demo' and making a 'record'. Learn professional microphone techniques through hands-on training from a working industry professional! As house engineer at Master Control Recording in Burbank, California, I've worked with such artists as Hazeldine, Matthew Harrison, The Rembrandts, Lowen & Navarro and others. I am currently freelancing as a producer/engineer in Detroit and teaching in the Recording Technology program at Schoolcraft College. (www.thirdmonkrecords.com/discography.html)

Where: Third Monk Records
40512 Ann Arbor Trail
Plymouth Michigan 48170

When: Sunday February 12, 2006
Time: 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Fee: $150 ($50 to register, $100 due at the seminar)

E-mail for more information contact me at: bugpup@thirdmonkrecords.com or at myspace.

Topics covered in the seminar:
*The fundamentals of acoustic theory
*Principle microphone types
*Microphone theory
*Microphone placement
*Stereo Microphone Techniques
*Attendees will experiment mic'ing a drumkit and other instruments and listen to the results

A Shure educational text will be provided to all attendees and food and beverages on the day of the seminar. This session is limited to 12 students so reserve your seat now!
Last edited by @?,*???&? on Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

@?,*???&?
on a wing and a prayer

Post by @?,*???&? » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:40 pm

I still have a few spots on the class roster for this next weekend if anyone is interested!

@?,*???&?
on a wing and a prayer

Post by @?,*???&? » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:34 pm

Same information, I've got another one of these scheduled for Sunday April 23, 2006!

fyi