Raising money for WikiRecording.org

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

cdbabel
gettin' sounds

Raising money for WikiRecording.org

Post by cdbabel » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:42 pm

I recently started www.WikiRecording.org, a free online guide to audio recording that anyone can edit. Our goal is to make information on recording audio easy to read, find, and use for anyone interested.

Its going phenomenally well, having seen about 50 new articles, 20 registered users, and 4000 visitors (avg. 192 a day) in under a month, not to mention articles in some big name blogs like MatrixSynth and GarageSpin. We even got permission from Shure Incorporated to include their Educational Publications in our guide.

That said, I want to see this project get as big as it can as fast as it can. Its easy for a Wiki with 20 users to fade, but a wiki with 500 users has significant prospects for the future. To gain users, there has to be a critical mass of useful information. People go to Wikipedia because they KNOW they'll be able to find what they want to know. I want WikiRecording to be the same way.

To this end, I'm trying to raise about $3000 by the end of May so that I can spend my three months of Summer promoting, researching, writing and editing articles for the site.

Currently, my only means of fundraising is by donation. I was wondering if anyone knows of any grants, organizations, or individuals that would be interested in helping to fund this project?

Here's a link to the site: http://www.WikiRecording.org
-E Jeff Einowski
WikiRecording@cdbabel.com
Editor in Chief
www.cdbabel.com
www.wikirecording.org
Promoting Community in Music

comfortstarr
re-cappin' neve

Post by comfortstarr » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:38 am

cool site. I can't donate as of yet, but I hope you survive.