I'm a pedal junkie

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

bplr
takin' a dinner break

Post by bplr » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:20 pm

I always thought it would be kick ass to have one that the depth or rate could be controlled through a "wah-style" pedal.
it's possible! and relatively easy. i'm modding a friend's boss delay with a switch that disables the delay time knob and sends the control through a TRS to a foot pedal. you just have to wire up the pot in the foot control to the 3 wires in a TRS. then wire the center pins of the 2 pots to an SPDT switch.

if that makes no sense, email me and i'll go into detail.

justin
Bipolar Production

bplr
takin' a dinner break

Post by bplr » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:02 pm

RefD wrote:anyone doing good mods for the Taiwanese Boss DS-1?

note: i said good. :wink:
not sure if mine's taiwanese or not, but maybe you'll like this one. i did the keeley mod, tweaked it a little to my liking, and then discovered what R14 does when you remove it, or at least drop it to a very low value. whoa doggy. palm muting it gives it this crazy, wet, spitting, gizzy tone.

real sloppy jalopy, but i'm running out of time:
http://www.bplr.com/Temp/DS1_Needle.aif

shitty playing>les paul>ds1>fender princeton (at 5 on treble and bass)>57>hamptone>PTLE>aif>ftp>your ears

you get the idea. i added a 3 way switch for none/LED/tranny clippers, and a 2 way switch that implements the R14 mod. TONS of options.
Bipolar Production

BeepBeep
takin' a dinner break

Post by BeepBeep » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:20 pm

gbhansen666 wrote:
...and my latest thing is convincing myself how badly I need a really nice tremelo pedal.
I always thought it would be kick ass to have one that the depth or rate could be controlled through a "wah-style" pedal.
I use a MoogerFooger Ring Mod with an expression pedal for just that. Not a cheap solution, but it sounds great and gives me total control.

californiawizkids
pluggin' in mics

Post by californiawizkids » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:16 pm

I don't know if I qualify as a pedal junkie, I only actually own a few, but I do covet alot of pedals. When I get a new issue of the Musicians Friend catalog, I go straight to the pedals (maybe stopping to stare at the Teles) just to bask in their glory.

I have taken up trying to build a few of my own. So far I've made an A/B switch, a boost pedal (which sounds pretty sweet when you crank up the volume knob on the guitar) and a fuzz pedal. I am midway into a tube screamer clone. Its alot of fun, but certainly not a way to save money. Just as cheap and alot easier to buy them, but making your own is even more boutique than boutique pedals.

Speaking of tremelo pedals, the ElectroHarmonix Pular is pretty nice.

ampguy
buyin' a studio

what if my tuner

Post by ampguy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:36 pm

is a blow pipe?
r0ck1r0ck2 wrote:2 per instrument....thats all you get..and if its guitar its 1 tuner + 1 other..

thats all you get...

r0ck1r0ck2
re-cappin' neve

Post by r0ck1r0ck2 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:29 pm

pardon?