Who has the best intern story?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

bewarethanatos
alignin' 24-trk

Post by bewarethanatos » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:47 pm

EEK @ some of these stories.

I am an intern, but I've been deemed "general assistant" on my boss's website.

He posts on this forum, and I hope I never run across any posts of him lambasting me for screwing up too much. I can make a good pot of coffee (or tea), I already know how to operate a BUNN coffee maker (though we don't have one), I don't think I'm completely inept at operating the gear at the studio, and I don't do drugs and drinking isn't my thing. I hope I don't screw this internship. My boss is a good guy and I've learned a hell of a lot from him (and I'm not just saying that because he posts here.)

I feel bad for the interns that completely ruin the chance that has been given to them.

BradG
pushin' record

Post by BradG » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:56 pm

There's this New York thing where "New York" stuff only happens to you when somebody is visiting from out of town. Like, you can live here for five years without so much as getting your bike stolen, then Mom comes to visit and some crackhead appears from nowhere to mug you. That kind of thing.

Anyway, we had this kid come to town and intern for us who was maybe the "whitest" person I'd ever met. You know, midwest, blonde, too polite. He was an awesome intern but everytime he went on a run he would witness horrible events. This was in a decent neighborhood too, lower Broadway, around Houston. I mean EVERYTIME he left the building, a cab would run someone over in front of him or there would be a bloody fistfight. After he witnessed a stabbing right around the corner from Tower Records, we started being afraid to send him out. I think he finally went back to Ohio. Too bad, he was really handy.