Ummm I'm New.

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

DWPardoe
audio school graduate

Ummm I'm New.

Post by DWPardoe » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:27 pm

Hey guys,
I was turned onto this place and the mag by a guy I just met through a console purchase on ebay. I was not sure where to say hello... so i did it here... ^^

Any How. Hello.
I can't have my signature here because it will only print.

drewbass
buyin' gear

Post by drewbass » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:32 pm

hi, not that i'm totally regular, but welcome. tell us what you got! subscribe if you havent already. you can also tell the people at gear talk. everyone would be very into hearing about the purchase.
drew

DWPardoe
audio school graduate

Post by DWPardoe » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:49 am

I already subscribed. I'm pretty excited about the mag. We started talking about gear and somehow the SM57 MOD came up that was featured in the current issue and I was happy to hear that there was somthing out there that even talked about mods on gear. So I came to check everything out and sign up for the mag.

My purchase was a Soundcraft 1600 24ch 8b TTpb on board.
I'm trying to rebuild after hurricane katrina. and i needed somthing reliable and with a high ease of use factor. and this console fit the bill.

Ill be running it with imperical labs and vintech pre's excited to hear it. its been a long road from last year to now. and ryan is really helping me out to get back on my feet. hes a pretty badass finger boarder as well..

Thats where im coming from. lol

bee quite the adventure.

DW

Jeremy Garber
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Jeremy Garber » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:32 am

Holy... I feel for you. When I evac'd all I could bring was one acoustic guitar. I was very lucky though... the tree that tried to hit my house missed it by a couple inches. I see your thing says you're in Mississippi now... I was gonna tell you to move to the Northshore.

DWPardoe
audio school graduate

Post by DWPardoe » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:04 pm

Yeah the gulfcoast here got so destroyed I stayed about a mile from the beach.. I have some real life horror stories.

What part of LA are you from? I have some good friends in NO and in covington / mandeville / bush area, lol

Jeremy Garber
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Jeremy Garber » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:23 pm

I live in Covington. Graduated from Mandeville High some many many years ago. I even know a couple people out in Bush. My wife and I went to BR during the storm (well, the first week at least). I came back to check on the house the next day and couldn't believe what I saw. We even made it all the way out to Pass Christian that day to check on my wife's grandparent's place (which was totalled). It seemed like we were the first over in that area, before any reporters or major rescue ops showed up. I was gonna stay. I woke up that Sunday morning and it had blown up to a 5 over night... and I was out. You guys got hit a lot harder on that coast than this town. Over here it was mostly houses crushed by trees. Not too much flooded in Covington, although it took a week for the water to receed in Abita for us to get to my in laws place where we stayed for another 3 weeks or so campin it up. And wouldn't you know it, it's already blazing hot... the gulf is a boiling pot right now. My biggest worry is that the trees around here were severely weekened by that storm, and it has been so hot and dry... It won't take much to bring the rest of them down. I'm working as a painter now, and there is still repair work to be done over here. In NO, there are still houses waiting to be ripped of their sheetrock... I've always liked the mountains...

DWPardoe
audio school graduate

Post by DWPardoe » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:31 pm

Well if there is a bright side all the studys I have read from NOAA are saying that we should not expect anything like last year and that the east cost is going to recive the bulk of the bad storms this year... somthing to do with their water being warmer than ours.. I dont wish it on anyone but... I do wish it away from me.. I dont know that I could handle losing everything I own again.

Jeremy Garber
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Jeremy Garber » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:41 pm

Really? I hadn't heard that. I agree... I don't wish it on anyone else... but we need a little more time to rebuild.

saldiamond
pluggin' in mics

Post by saldiamond » Wed May 03, 2006 5:17 pm

bee quite the adventure.

DW[/quote]

oh man

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Wed May 03, 2006 7:26 pm

WOW. Those pictures really make an impact.

wayne kerr
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by wayne kerr » Fri May 05, 2006 12:12 pm

DWPardoe wrote:I already subscribed. I'm pretty excited about the mag. We started talking about gear and somehow the SM57 MOD came up that was featured in the current issue and I was happy to hear that there was somthing out there that even talked about mods on gear. So I came to check everything out and sign up for the mag.

My purchase was a Soundcraft 1600 24ch 8b TTpb on board.
I'm trying to rebuild after hurricane katrina. and i needed somthing reliable and with a high ease of use factor. and this console fit the bill.

Ill be running it with imperical labs and vintech pre's excited to hear it. its been a long road from last year to now. and ryan is really helping me out to get back on my feet. hes a pretty badass finger boarder as well..

bee quite the adventure.

DW
Oh man those pix are heartbreaking. Welcome to TapeOp! I hope you will come to the Con when it's back in the Big Easy (hopefully next year?)
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Effigy Studios
audio school graduate

Hello

Post by Effigy Studios » Mon May 08, 2006 2:31 pm

we are rather new here too...
Feel free to contact us if yo uneed a studio to use, we will definetly help you out (although we are a bit far)
email n@effigystudios.com
Best,
Nicole