Re: No Glam Gear

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

jamoo
buyin' a studio

Re: No Glam Gear

Post by jamoo » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:23 pm

It really shouldn't, but all the 'stuff' Larry is compelled to buy makes me feel better. I suppose it is because recordings, I thought when I was little, were created by magicians. I still think so, but now its magicians with lots of pricey gadgets in addition to a fair amount of practice.

TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpLarry » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:12 pm

And unexciting pricey gadgets. I just spent a few hundred dollars a minute ago buying a case and cables for a live rig, and I don't even have the main snake yet, Ugh. Plus I wish I'd known about the cost of "Digilink" $50 18" cables (just bought 2). Not to mention the hundreds of dollars in repairs...

It ain't magic, and it sure is hard to keep a place up and running constantly.
LC
Larry Crane, Editor/Founder Tape Op Magazine
please visit www.tapeop.com for contact information
(do not send private messages via this board!)
www.larry-crane.com

jamoo
buyin' a studio

Post by jamoo » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:21 pm

I believe I empathize with your perspective. The problem I have, which is the same problem a majority of humans have, is how to reconcile the source of certain things, like brilliant creativity.

People come up with God, or magic, but we really have no answer. I agree, it ain't magic. I gave up and tried to explain the indescribable.

For some reason, I profoundly associate and am moved by certain music. doesn't have the same ring to it.

Plus, I think most of us who read the magazine and post on the board take this as a given.

If it's just a job, if the music doesn't matter, why bother? might as well be an electrician.

I seek Musikgeist!
TapeOpLarry wrote:And unexciting pricey gadgets. I just spent a few hundred dollars a minute ago buying a case and cables for a live rig, and I don't even have the main snake yet, Ugh. Plus I wish I'd known about the cost of "Digilink" $50 18" cables (just bought 2). Not to mention the hundreds of dollars in repairs...

It ain't magic, and it sure is hard to keep a place up and running constantly.
LC