looking for dc internship.

wannabeyrthurstonmoore
audio school

looking for dc internship.

Post by wannabeyrthurstonmoore » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:27 pm

i'm studying audio technology at american university (and am the chair of our aes chapter) in washington, dc, and looking for any sort of audio related internship/experience or any useful information about finding one.

-kelly r.

audiopirate
audio school graduate

Re: looking for dc internship.

Post by audiopirate » Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:22 pm

I can offer no internship, but there are a few of us rogue engineers kickin around DC.
Meet at Galaxy Hut for beers and geeking out?
Swarshbuklin'!

Architect
audio school graduate

Post by Architect » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:47 pm

I was interning out at Cue Recording Studios in Fall Church, Virginia. Check them out they never have enough interns, but of course your just a fly on the wall and won't get much action except for getting people coffee, sweeping the floors. The engineer's will let you sit in with them on sessions most of the time but of course that depends on them.

:prime-rate:
ass engineer

Post by :prime-rate: » Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:48 am

i interned at cue too. cool place, but i spent a lot of time watching that 70s show reruns with doug johnston, trying to smoke entire cigarettes without ever ashing and ordering fried rice from the downstairs market (damn, i can still smell that place) - i did get to play guitar on someone's album though. I wish i could have been there longer - i was only there for a little less than three months. I thought it was real cool though.

my favorite thing was getting a studer A827 down the stairs with "help" from 2 60 year old guys who couldn't bend over. I was never so scared in my life - i almost lost my grip too - that would have been a nice and cheap intern mistake...
ryan.wallis.taylor