looking for internship in providence/boston

canary
audio school

looking for internship in providence/boston

Post by canary » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:42 pm

Hi, I'm looking for an internship at a recording studio in the Providence/Boston area, starting in January. I'm a recent grad of film school and spent most of the time doing sound work. I'm looking to get into the field of music recording and want to learn as much as possible about the whole process, and will work for nothing or next-to-nothing to do so. I'm more interested in a small, creatively-minded studio rather than a huge major-label-type-place. I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with some contacts. Thanks!
-erin.

jewelthrone
audio school

Re: looking for internship in providence/boston

Post by jewelthrone » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:26 am

check out the bostonphoenix.com...if you surf there site, somewhere under band listings is a list of studios in the boston area. send out coverletters and resumes, you'll be suprised how many replies you'll get if you're persistant. good luck

stacelonious
audio school graduate

Re: looking for internship in providence/boston

Post by stacelonious » Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:53 am

hey. I live in Providence and my little 1" 16 track studio will be up and running by january.(its in my basement) I have 2 sessions coming up and hope to book more. I'm learning my way around this equipment as its new to me so if you want to come check it out....I can point you in some directions as well.
give me a call if you want. Good luck!
-tracy 401 454 1470