Grouping tracks in Reaper

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Wilkesin
steve albini likes it

Post by Wilkesin » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:09 pm

Jeff,

Please register an account on the Reaper forums. I mean this in all seriousness. If there is something that you honestly feel is missing and could be 100% improved the developers there are wide open. If you want to honestly point out constructive criticism they will get it done and it will be nice to have a person who used this app on a"professional" level providing more input. It will make the app better for everyone involved.

Please bare in mind that they are looking for constructive input and not gripes. Present your opinions in a constructive manner and it will get handled in an appropriate amount of time.

The app only gets better with input from its users. We just gotta keep it posi over there. I haven't even begun to explore all the new features and they will probably improve them all before I do.

You have to keep in mind that certain functionality will be different than your preferred app, but the greatly enhanced workability for some folks is very important versus the cost of Studio/HD/TDM/LE whatever systems.

Thanks
Slider wrote:"we figured you'd want to use your drum samples and reamp through your amps anyway, so we didn't bother taking much time to get sounds".

darjama
tinnitus

Post by darjama » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:31 am

@?,*???&? wrote:Grouping behaves identically.

No change. No color coding, only the same situation- if the track is highlighted, its group is active. You can only have one group active at a time and if you move an individual fader that is not highlighted, but is part of a group, it moves alone and without the other channels associated with it's group.
You haven't tried the new grouping features if this is what you're seeing. Press Control-Alt-G and you'll get a grouping matrix. Up to 32 groups, and all can be active at the same time for whatever attributes you select, Color coded as well. A master/slave relationship can be set as well. Right click on the group name for additional settings.
@?,*???&? wrote:Also, I was reminded that the faders jump to whatever position you happen to click- whether intentional or accidental. That will upset a balanced mix pretty quick.

Not cool.
Never been a problem here, you can always undo if you need to. I would think if you're clicking on the fader, you want to change the volume, right?