Bass player - think Jesus Lizard, Birthday Party, Rapeman

LaSalle bon Dioxide
audio school graduate

Bass player - think Jesus Lizard, Birthday Party, Rapeman

Post by LaSalle bon Dioxide » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:14 am

I've thought of moving closer to my family in Chicago and would like to see what kind of musicians I could possibly get involved with if I did choose to do so. I've been playing bass for the past twelve years and touring rigorously for the last five.

My style of bass playing is very atypical in that I'm not into simply writing lines to provide mass for the guitars. In my current band, I actually write many of our songs, which are therefore centered around the drums and bass.

I guess you could describe my playing style as heavier, harder, intricate, mean, driving, fucked up and unusual...whatever.

I'm not necessarily moving back there for quite awhile (my current group is doing much better than I could have imagined), but I'd like to make some contacts and maybe trade some tapes and shit, you know put some songs together by mail.
If you try once and fail, try three times harder and if you fail, maybe it's time to re-evaluate your approach.

jasmine
audio school graduate

Re: Bass player - think Jesus Lizard, Birthday Party, Rapema

Post by jasmine » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:51 pm

:shock: shoot me some links or something. Your RIYD is after my heart. jaspy8@netscape.net. I have a radio show on a very cool college station. If you have recordings, maybe I can give you some air.
p.s. check out an awesome chicago band called "rope"... they're wow.
am i wrong, again?

jasmine
audio school graduate

Post by jasmine » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:54 pm

:shock: shoot me some links or something. Your RIYD is after my heart. jaspy8@netscape.net. I have a radio show on a very cool college station. If you have recordings, maybe I can give you some air.
am i wrong, again?

LaSalle bon Dioxide
audio school graduate

Post by LaSalle bon Dioxide » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:51 pm

You can find a few songs of ours (form of rocket) at:

www.formofrocket.com

and

www.some.com

Oh yeah, I guess I'm a little slow.... What does RIYD mean?
If you try once and fail, try three times harder and if you fail, maybe it's time to re-evaluate your approach.