Are You Happy??

foley
pushin' record

Re: Are You Happy??

Post by foley » Thu May 22, 2003 6:43 pm

good question. I agree that life's point is probably not just to be happy. In fact, the happier you are the more blind you may be. Ignorance = bliss? Seems true to me.

I'm working on trying to not be a self-centered, oblivious moron. Tough job. For some reason, most of the guys I hang out with (and some of the women) seem to really only be interested in themselves, what they have going on, having other people fit into their plans, being ultra-competitive basketball dorks, etc. It's annoying.

But ... now I figure I should try to just go through life encouraging other people, and try to not worry about my own stuff all the time.

Man is it hard to be encouraging all the time. But when I am not encouraging, it is usually because I am being a selfish prick who is more annoyed at how people aren't fitting into my world the way I want them to. Ugh. The asshole that hate the most is me?

But ... I love my wife, my job, my community, my hobby, and most of all Jesus - who continues to be two steps ahead of my sorry ass waiting for me to catch up.

mf

Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

Re: Are You Happy??

Post by Rick Hunter » Sat May 24, 2003 6:40 pm

i just got a new ipod...life couldn't be better!!!