The Prids - bad accident while on tour - please help!

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

The Prids - bad accident while on tour - please help!

Post by TapeOpHillary » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:55 am

I know this isn't the right place to post this, but it will have to do...

My good friends, The Prids (from Portland, OR) - David, Mistina, Joey and Maile - and two of their significant others - Kristin and Chris - were in a serious accident early Sunday evening while en route to Los Angeles on tour.
Image Image Image

A tire blew and they lost control of the van and it rolled several times. David was airlifted from the scene of the crash, he suffered a broken collar bone, broken ribs and has 6 staples in his head. Chris broke his arm, and they are waiting for MRI results to determine if he's sustained a spinal injury. Maile has a broken vertebra and toe and a severe cut with stitches on her knee. Joey broke ribs, Mistina suffered a concussion, and as far as I know Kristin is in similar shape. As of late last night, everyone but Chris had been released from the hospital, and they are staying at a hotel in Fresno.

A special paypal account has been set up to help out and donate directly to The Prids. They need help getting home and paying their hospital bills. If you can't help out monetarily, please repost this info on your blogs, etc. Thanks!

If you have problems with the link, you can send money directly to "donate@theprids.com".
Last edited by TapeOpHillary on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alex matson
re-cappin' neve

Post by alex matson » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:18 am

I reposted this under Musicians and rants in craigslist portland Hilary. Threw down too. Thanks for posting this. My thoughts and well wishes are with them.

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:29 am

thanks...
i actually organized a benefit compilation cd (2 songs, digital-only release) that's coming out this month. 18 bands covering the prids' songs... it's pretty cool.

alex matson
re-cappin' neve

Post by alex matson » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:37 am

I reposted this under Musicians and rants in craigslist portland Hilary. Threw down too. Thanks for posting this. My thoughts and well wishes are with them.

Edit: This is what I get for reading this on very little sleep.
Went back and deleted the craigslist stuff...hopefully the donation will still get to them.

I found their website to check out the band. First thing I noticed was that they seemed to be getting over a crash from last summer. Hmm...a very similar crash...those poor bastards...two van crashes in a row....wait a second...

This post is a good indicator of my frequent state of affairs. For a smart man I do a lot of dumb stuff.