Drummer/Producer Relocating to Bay Area

sigrant
ass engineer

Drummer/Producer Relocating to Bay Area

Post by sigrant » Wed May 28, 2003 8:17 am

Helo all- just a brief note to let my Bay Area friends know I'll be in town from Wed, 5/28 through Mon, 6/2. I'm scoping out business and production opportunities; looking for work & gig leads before I move back down after 10 fruitful years in Seattle. Here's a snapshot of what I have to transplant...

Engineering Stuff - 10 solid years of music and film production experience. Most comfortable navigating mid-priced analog boards like Trident, Harrison, Amek, old Neve's, etc. ...as well as the budget digital consoles like the d8b, O2R, DM-24, etc. I also need to relocate two PC-based DAWs and a full ProTools 24 studio with Control/24 console. Seeking potential partnership with existing studios- maybe have analogue and want to add digital?

Hipsync Records - I'll eventually be trying to run a branch of my favorite indie down there. Needed are any leads on potential interns, local "club tour" bookers, interested opportunists and other indie labels who may want to join forces and/or share resources.

Producer - I've taken many albums from concept to retail. Currently seeking singer/songwriter types, jazz acts, or mainstream bands who have their shit together, ...and I can't over-emphasize that last part! Yes, we'll make great music but I can only get acts hooked-up with labels or financing if every party involved is willing to work their butts off, which is to say that you must be willing to tour and be a promotion monger. Anyone thinking they'll be "discovered" just by writing and playing is still living in the 70's and you don't need my help for that.

Drummer - I'm an accomplished recording & touring drummer seeking a new permanent act and/or any session work. All styles, standard equipment includes passport & union card as well as top-of-the-line Yamaha drumsets that record better than anything out there.

Miscellaneous things I'll do when the budget is tight - Location recording; (2, 8 or 16 track digital), Video shoots, (miniDV); sound design; spot music; and web and/or multimedia design.

All discussions welcome, just need to reconnect. I'll be meeting with folks from Santa Cruz to San Francisco so let's do lunch, have beers, shoot the shit or just exchange email. And feel free to forward this message to any reliable folks. Thanks.

ciao- sg

Simon Grant
Simon Grant Unltd.
PO Box 4881 Seattle, WA 98104
SG@SimonGrant.com
www.SimonGrant.com
www.Hipsync.org