RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
My Roberts Preamp Mod - pics

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> DIY Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fmhurst
audio school

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: My Roberts Preamp Mod - pics Reply with quote

I want to thank Rod and others on the forum for the information that allowed me to modify the Roberts for my son for recording. Here are the pictures:

I did some of my own mods on top of others. A tight fit but separate balanced and unbalanced inputs to the EF86 and 12AD7. The panels were sanded to bare aluminum, primed and painted with light gray. The labeling is waterslide decals with a thin coat of clear coat (like a guitar headstock). The case is the original cut down to size and veneered with maple. The veneer was dyed with wood dye then coats of lacquer. The lacquer was hand rubbed with 600 grit sandpaper, light rubbing compound and finally a swirl reducer.
stylus flanger
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: My Roberts Preamp Mod - pics Reply with quote

dad rocks!
EasyGo
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: My Roberts Preamp Mod - pics Reply with quote

Awesome! Is that a 4-channel rack then?
RodC
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: My Roberts Preamp Mod - pics Reply with quote

Awesome...

Cool labels.

I have about 60+ things floating around the studio that we have morphed into other things.... I got tired of labeling things so I just have a spiral bound note book with lots o notes.

I get emails every day from ppl modding these, always nice to see someone getting them to work.

http://www.beyondsanityproductions.com
http://www.myspace.com/beyondsanity
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> DIY Gear All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: