Dungen article!!!

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

ott0bot
dead but not forgotten

Dungen article!!!

Post by ott0bot » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:24 pm

Really cool mag this month, I especailly enjoyed the Dungen article. Their records sound really unique, and I was always curious about their recording process.

So hard to believe Ta Det Lugnt was recorded on a digital Fostex workstation a pair of V72s and some MD421's. Gotta hand it to that dude....job well done, it sounds great. I know mixing in a real facility definately helped....but wow. That shocked me even more that the Sufjan Stevens Michigan recordings.

As always....so glad to get this mag and have such an awesome resource to learn and gain insight into recording process of people making great music.

Stablenet
ass engineer

Post by Stablenet » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:20 pm

Thanks for the kind words! Gustav was really easy to talk to and very forthcoming with the info. I was just as surprised as you that Ta Det Lungt was done on a Fostex. Great sounds.

We got to see Public Enemy later that night.
If you read the bonus material that Larry posted online, you'll see why that was a big deal for him.

Also, there are some Scandinavian psych rock bands that I asked him about that might act as a "missing link"

Best
Alex
Alex Maiolo
Carrboro/Chapel Hill, NC
My studio is Seriously Adequate

jckinnick
buyin' a studio

Post by jckinnick » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:35 am

I know they used a PODxt on the first album.