Collaborations with Dub Pioneer Scientist

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

DannyR
audio school

Collaborations with Dub Pioneer Scientist

Post by DannyR » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:38 am

Hi everyone, I'm Danny. Contact me if you have any questions about remix collaborations or mixing/mastering services by legendary Dub pioneer "The Scientist". Or you can go here: digitalartistsunited.com/What_We_Do/

Electronic Engineer & Dub Pioneer Hopeton Brown, professionally known as "The Scientist", was introduced to electronics at an early age by his father, who worked as a television and radio repair technician. He began building his own custom amplifiers and studio gear and was dubbed "The Scientist" due to his forward thinking concepts about the mixing board (i.e. moving faders & automation, documented in the 1980's). He quickly gained a reputation for his unique recording and mixing techniques, which echo to this day in the form of Dubstep and other styles of dance music. His recordings are now considered benchmarks in sound which highly influenced a new electronic music generation interested in remixing and sound experimentation. Engineer credits include albums for Reggae?s most illustrious artists as well as for Rock, Pop, and R&B superstars.
Danny