RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Newest Issue - Tame Impala - It's the music not the gear

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Magazine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markjazzbassist
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Newest Issue - Tame Impala - It's the music not the gear Reply with quote

Thank you so much for being an awesome magazine and actually asking real questions. The tame impala interview rocks, i love the before and after.

The greatest thing is realizing both records are done on Boss Multi-Track recorders, which many here would say are pieces of crap and not professional. Instead they are major releases that garner serious interest and accolades. I love this so much. Thank you for talking about that with them in the interview and again asking what they recorded the second record on. I feel so inspired to go write music now knowing that a sweet band uses shitty gear and doesn't even care, because in the end it's all about the music. bravo tape op
Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Newest Issue - Tame Impala - It's the music not the gear Reply with quote

I can't wait to read this. Love that band.

Funny, but in a bunch of EPK videos for the latest record, there is A LOT of gear in Kevin's bedroom studio, including a MBP, Mackie Onyx FW mixer, etc. Curious as to how the boss recorder fits in to the whole thing.

Jeff
markjazzbassist
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Newest Issue - Tame Impala - It's the music not the gear Reply with quote

the article explains it all, and is a fabulous read. it's 2 parts, one interview around the first record time, and the second interview at the second record time. so you get to see the growth, creative process and how they've changed/stayed the same. good stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Magazine All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: