Anyone know what's up with Mercenary Audio?

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

mdavenue
audio school graduate

Anyone know what's up with Mercenary Audio?

Post by mdavenue » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Does anyone know if there's something up with Mercenary Audio? I know they're an advertiser in the magazine and seem reputable, so I and placed an order with them for a DI box. That was in early April. My order got an automated response and order number but no shipping or tracking info. I've left messages and sent polite emails to customer service but no response. Now I see on their FB page others are having trouble getting through.

I thought it would be helpful for people to know if they're having technical or other issues. (Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.)

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:04 pm

If Mercenary has not responded to any of your inquiries in a reasonable fashion, my suggestion would be to call your bank/credit card company and reverse the charges. That will illicit the proper response I'm sure.

ott0bot
dead but not forgotten

Post by ott0bot » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:52 pm

when I ordered a FMR RNC/RNLA combo about 3 years back they were extremely professional. something must be up. they used to have profes and studio info on the Meth Lab section, now it's a dead link.

look on Gearslutz, I think there are 2 or 3 guys that work or used to work on there. Wasnt the owner named Fletcher?

telepathy
pushin' record

Post by telepathy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:00 pm

there's been a whole lot of things said about this on g____lutz. who knows how much of it is hearsay, but it doesn't exactly stir confidence.
get up with it

dfuruta
re-cappin' neve

Post by dfuruta » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:39 am

here and here.

that said, i ordered a couple mics from them last december, and they were prompt and helpful. doesn't look good, though...