RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Anyone know what's up with Mercenary Audio?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Message Board (TOMB)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavenue
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Anyone know what's up with Mercenary Audio? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there's something up with Mercenary Audio? I know they're an advertiser in the magazine and seem reputable, so I and placed an order with them for a DI box. That was in early April. My order got an automated response and order number but no shipping or tracking info. I've left messages and sent polite emails to customer service but no response. Now I see on their FB page others are having trouble getting through.

I thought it would be helpful for people to know if they're having technical or other issues. (Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.)
kslight
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what's up with Mercenary Audio? Reply with quote

If Mercenary has not responded to any of your inquiries in a reasonable fashion, my suggestion would be to call your bank/credit card company and reverse the charges. That will illicit the proper response I'm sure.
ott0bot
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what's up with Mercenary Audio? Reply with quote

when I ordered a FMR RNC/RNLA combo about 3 years back they were extremely professional. something must be up. they used to have profes and studio info on the Meth Lab section, now it's a dead link.

look on Gearslutz, I think there are 2 or 3 guys that work or used to work on there. Wasnt the owner named Fletcher?

Latest Project: North Brother Island -Indigogo campaign for album release
telepathy
pushin' record

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what's up with Mercenary Audio? Reply with quote

there's been a whole lot of things said about this on g____lutz. who knows how much of it is hearsay, but it doesn't exactly stir confidence.

the Soul Shop
all-analog in Boston, Mass
dfuruta
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what's up with Mercenary Audio? Reply with quote

here and here.

that said, i ordered a couple mics from them last december, and they were prompt and helpful. doesn't look good, though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Message Board (TOMB) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: