RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Language discussion in Letters section

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Magazine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lysander
pushin' record

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Language discussion in Letters section Reply with quote

Dear Larry and the rest of the editorial staff,

I am grateful for the fellow tape-oppers who chose to write in and express their dismay at the use of the "R" word in a recent issue, which is referred to in the Letters section of the most recent issue (95). Their sense of consideration speaks to everything that is excellent about this community.

Larry, your response in the Letters section was totally unacceptable. Using that word is not simply "swearing." If you can find me an example in a back issue where someone used the "N" word and you thought it was cool to leave it in, I might take your point. That is the appropriate analogy. The word refers to a segment of our society that has a history of forced institutionalization and sterilization.

People need to be educated about this. You need to be educated about this.

Thanks for reading,
Wes Folkerth (Lysander)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Magazine All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: