Northern Virginia Tape Oppers???

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

dino
takin' a dinner break
Location: a mile west of the crossroads & the old circus grounds

Northern Virginia Tape Oppers???

Post by dino » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:23 am

Anyone in the Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, etc.. area interested in sharing knowledge, funny stories or just getting together to talk recording?
I would be honored to make your acquaintance, and to offer whatever assistance I may be to your artistic endeavors. I have a few bits and pieces of rather decent recording gear that are shamefully under utilized. Whether your'e a bedio beginner, or accomplished recordist, I'd like to meet you and pick your brain.
Thank's for reading... be well, dino
I'd gladly trade everything I have now for a nice sounding room and a bucket of 57's

GooberNumber9
tinnitus

Post by GooberNumber9 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:45 am

Yeah, I'm out in Sterling. I'm running late right now but I'll PM you later and maybe we can hang next weekend or something.

norsehorse
gettin' sounds

Post by norsehorse » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:33 am

In DC / always in VA. Do you like live recording? Let's meet!

dino
takin' a dinner break
Location: a mile west of the crossroads & the old circus grounds

Post by dino » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:45 am

In my HO, live recording creates a feel that cannot be duplicated in a studio environment. The energy that an audience brings to a performance, whether it's a singer songwriter or a full symphony orchestra is a wonderful thing to witness. Unfortunately, I have little experience with it other than a few things years ago.
PM sent...
I'd gladly trade everything I have now for a nice sounding room and a bucket of 57's