RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Unique Sounding Albums / Albums With Cool Sound Design?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listening to Other Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kslight
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Unique Sounding Albums / Albums With Cool Sound Design? Reply with quote

I just picked up Holly Herndon's Platform (which you can stream the whole thing to see if it's your thing). Interesting use of vocals and field recordings (in electronic music, though not an oonce oonce rave album), got a pretty choppy feel but I'm liking it as something different to listen to. You can tell she's into ASMR, lots of triggers in this. Also wins in my book by not requiring me to purchase downloads from iTunes or Amazon, and sells 320kbps mp3s and FLAC direct from her label 4ad.
joninc
carpal tunnel

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Unique Sounding Albums / Albums With Cool Sound Design? Reply with quote

the last few idaho albums are really cool. The Lone Gunmen, You were a Dick, Hearts of Palm, LEvitate ... (actually most of their albums are really great textural pieces....)

how about the last 2 stina nordenstam albums (THIS IS STINA NORDENSTAM and THE WORLD IS SAVED)? tchad blake! c'mon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listening to Other Music All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: