RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
I'm going back to cds as my primary
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listening to Other Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rufer
pushin' record

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: I'm going back to cds as my primary Reply with quote

I have actually decided to try to go the other way. I want less things around (see MixWizard in Buy/Sell/Trade). After five years or so of sporadically collecting vinyl, I think my preference is now downloads - preferably lossless (not that I can hear a difference, it just makes me feel better).

I found this funny though. I went to preorder Jason Isbell's new record this AM from Amazon (I know I should support my local maw and paw). My options were $8.00 for CD, $9.49 for MP3, or $29.97!!!! for vinyl. I got the CD. So much for my new-found quest for minimalism. Never would've worked out anyway.
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm going back to cds as my primary Reply with quote

Wish we hadda " local maw and paw" in my suburb ...

Hell, I work downtown in the 2nd or 3rd biggest city and there's no music stores. Evil or Very Mad
JGriffin
zen recordist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm going back to cds as my primary Reply with quote

vvv wrote:
Wish we hadda " local maw and paw" in my suburb ...

Hell, I work downtown in the 2nd or 3rd biggest city and there's no music stores. Evil or Very Mad

There's still a Rolling Stone Records at Harlem and Irving.

And Jazz Record Mart downtown.

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm going back to cds as my primary Reply with quote

Huh; I did not know about Jazz Record Mart; that's almost convenient as I work in the Loop. RS is not, altho' I remember fondly when they and a successor were on Washington near Wells; FYI (formerly Coconuts) closed earlier this year as did the one by the college down on Wabash.

Thanx for the tip!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listening to Other Music All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: