Ozone file help

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Bobbydecay
audio school

Ozone file help

Post by Bobbydecay » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Hi I'm new! So I do my rough mix and do a rough master in Ozone for my bandmates (quickly sort out the EQ, make it louder etc). My bandmates say they want the vocals a little louder. I create a new mix and want to directly replace the file I already have in Ozone with the new mix but keeping all the settings. Either I'm being a total plumb or this is not obvious. Any ideas?!

Thanks!

joninc
dead but not forgotten

Post by joninc » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:13 am

You can save your settings in ozone as a user preset. Then open it in the new session
the new rules : there are no rules

Bobbydecay
audio school

Post by Bobbydecay » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:46 am

....after much frustration I realised the controls for the presets were hidden at the bottom of the Ozone window, hidden under my dock menu. Stupid - yes, but also a little surprised Isotope chose not to put the preset options under the 'file' menu as well like you might expect!

Thanks

tjcasey1
takin' a dinner break

Post by tjcasey1 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:22 am

If you're using a DAW, use Ozone as an insert effect on the master buss. Then when you change the mix, your new mixdown will have the same Ozone settings on it as the old one. Don't do a stereo mixdown and then apply Ozone outside the DAW - that's too many steps.

If you do work this way (as I do), shut off Ozone when you're tracking. It's CPU heavy and can cause timing delays when recording tracks.