how to make a musician ad

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

vvv
zen recordist

how to make a musician ad

Post by vvv » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:36 pm

Kinda harsh, but oh-so-true, and I larfed, and then answered this (pointing the writer at my current C/L ad :twisted:) :

how to make a musician ad on craigslist
put down all pertinent information. dont say i play guitar send reply for more info.. put your exact town not just chicago (ex. lincoln park, bloomingdale). put links to your samples, dont say send reply for samples.. how is anyone going to know if they are interested if they dont know what you sound like? post a picture of something relevant.. dont lie in your ad if you really want something else.. all the time people say they want to colab with others when all you want is people to play your parts you wrote.. gtfo... oh yeah its gonna be cool bro were all gonna jam.. here are your sheets.. if youre the type of person who is not going to call back because of "vibes" then please include this in your ad so no one wastes time with your fake douchy ass... if you know exactly what you are looking for then please build yourself a robot that you can program because its kind of weird for you to expect someone to walk in off the street who is 100% exactly perfectly what you wanted in your band.. but if you suck at building robots then state exactly what you are looking for so people dont waste time trying out for you just so you can feel powerful when you reject people.. im picking up this "vibe" from a lot of people out there.. fucking ego brain musician consumer.. also, open your mind up.. stop trying to copy some band you like.. actually colab with other people and combine your interests with theirs and make something new... fuck...
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

Jarvis
pushin' record

Post by Jarvis » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:26 am

Thank dog for DAWs and my incredibly rudimental skills on all instruments but drumkit. I may never have to meet another muso as long as I live.
And that, my friends, could easily be a good thing.
Or not
Ivan the Threadstopper