DC Studio Ops? I need to make many demos

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

segerandpriest
audio school

DC Studio Ops? I need to make many demos

Post by segerandpriest » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:40 pm

I?ve written a whole bunch of pretty good songs over the last 5 years, but they have only been documented via one of those handheld digital recorders I used to use for interviews. Upon arriving in DC, it?s been made clear to me that these hissy recordings are not helping me put my best foot forward while seeking bandmates. So I?d like to remedy that by recording some acoustic demos that are clean and clear and will, if nothing else, help me document a very productive time of writing.

I have dozens of songs in my quiver, and am working to prioritize and rehearse them in the course of arranging studio time. I would like to start by getting sounds and settings that will work for all of the demo recording. I am not looking for definitive versions of the songs so much as presentable ones. I don?t plan on doing more than 2-3 takes of any one song, for example.

Let me know if this sounds like a plan you might be interested in.

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:53 am

Hi,

I don't live in or near D.C.

I only have one question for you:

What is your budget?

Cheers
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:58 pm

I have worked at both Inner Ear and at The Bastille in DC and they are both really great studios run by really great people. Inner Ear is not what I would call a large studio, but it's a perfectly good size to get any kind of normal band recording done. The Bastille is smaller, but it's very well-equipped. Eamonn Aiken (owner of the Bastille) is on here regularly. I had no problem at all doing sessions in either studio and would happily work either place again if the need to record anything in DC arose again.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC