RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Article: 5 Essential Tips for Becoming a Successful Producer

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Message Board (TOMB)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthonySanFrancisco
audio school

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Article: 5 Essential Tips for Becoming a Successful Producer Reply with quote

Hey Tape-Pals,

I'm Anthony Gordon, the artist relations guy for Avid and Pro Tools. I've been blogging about recording stuff lately and I wanted to share my article for this week, 5 Essential Tips for Becoming a Successful Music Producer.

http://www.avidblogs.com/5-essential-tips-for-becoming-a-successful-music-producer/

I hope you dig it. Although, I've been in the business for about 15 years, so I suspect plenty of you dear people will be sharpening your pitchforks and getting your rotting veggie out to pelt me with. Which is ok Smile

Anyway, I hope you read the article and find it useful. If you think I'm way of base about anything, I'm all ears about that too. Dig in!
dfuruta
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Article: 5 Essential Tips for Becoming a Successful Producer Reply with quote

seems unfortunate (perhaps just to me) that your first post on this forum is just a link to something on your company's website...
AnthonySanFrancisco
audio school

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Sorry to offend... Reply with quote

Hi there,

I didn't realize that would bum anybody out. I thought my article would be something of interest to the community here since it's a fairly inside look at music production. I don't know if it matters, but there aren't any plugs for Avid stuff or Pro Tools or anything like that in my story. It was really meant to be something informative based on the experience I've picked up...

But I do get your point. I'll make sure to contribute stuff that isn't just posted on my blog on the Avid site. I've been a Tape Op reader and a supporter of what I think they stand for maybe 14 years or so. No disrespect was intended to any of the folks here or to the magazine. I wouldn't post anything corny like links to sales promos or anything like that. I'm not trying to shill for anything. At least not here Wink
Gregg Juke
ghost haunting audio students

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Article: 5 Essential Tips for Becoming a Successful Producer Reply with quote

In that case, welcome to the TOMB.

GJ
http://MightyNoStars.com

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "
Gregg Juke
ghost haunting audio students

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Article: 5 Essential Tips for Becoming a Successful Producer Reply with quote

OK ASF,

I read the article. My favorite tip was number 4. And I do strive to combine both of those aspects mentioned (both a personal signature sound/vision, and also to empower the artist to achieve more than they thought possible).

Also, somewhat unrelated-- dad-gum, didn't Ronnie Spector look fine? I would not have locked her in the basement, but that's just me... Maybe that's tip number six-- "Do Not Lock Your Wife (or Anyone) In The Basement."

GJ
http://MightyNoStars.com

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "
Nick Sevilla
speech impediment

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Article: 5 Essential Tips for Becoming a Successful Producer Reply with quote

Nice Article Anthony, welcome to the TOMB.
JWL
deaf.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Article: 5 Essential Tips for Becoming a Successful Producer Reply with quote

Nice bit of musicology there. Welcome to TOMB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Message Board (TOMB) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: