I Need Help With My Tascam 388 & or Presonus ACP 88

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

RuggerDrummer
audio school graduate

I Need Help With My Tascam 388 & or Presonus ACP 88

Post by RuggerDrummer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:33 pm

I have a Tascam 388. Seems to work great. I haven't really tried to explore too much. I am very new to home recording and trying to explore it with this machine.

I just bought a Presonus ACP88 Compressor since I saw it on sale at a thrift store. I took it to my local shop and they said it works fine.

I am wondering how to hook up this compressor to use in conjunction with my 388.

As per the music store I bought a 4 channel snake to hook up the compressor. Each channel of the snake has one 1/4" jack on on end and two 1/4" jacks on the other end (one jack is marked tip and the other marked ring).

Any help is greatly appreciated. I really just need to know what to plug what and where. Anything beyond that is nice too.

Thank you!
Zack

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:34 pm

I'm not sure that you have the right snake. On some mixers that would work, but not on the 388.

Really you just need 2 8 channel snakes with 1/4" trs on both ends. On the 388 plug into the 'send' on the back, and the other end of that should go into the 'input' on the Presonus. Repeat for all channels. Then with the other snake go from the "receive" on the the 388 and on the other end go into the 'output' on the Presonus. Repeat for all channels.

Hope that helps.

RuggerDrummer
audio school graduate

Post by RuggerDrummer » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:19 am

Thank you! Helped a lot. Sorry for the basic dumb question.
Zack

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:23 am

Awesome, no worries. This forum is probably the best resource for 388 questions. I am lucky enough to own a few so post away if you have trouble. You might do well to find the big 388 (use search function) thread where you'll find some tips and the manuals and such, if you need it.