RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Metric Halo Character Plugin

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Computer World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
btswire
gettin' sounds

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Metric Halo Character Plugin Reply with quote

Curious to hear what users think about the Metric Halo Character plugin. The price has been reduced to $75. I was thinking about purchasing the Waves REDD for preamp coloration, but MH Character has a huge variety of emulations, so I'm thinking of trying this first. Any ideas what hardware devices Character emulates?
emenel
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Metric Halo Character Plugin Reply with quote

I love MH Character. The different modes are all nice, some are really subtle and don't really make a difference until stacked across many tracks. It's not a really strong effect overall, just adds a little nice warmth and harmonic flavour when used over a mix.

I don't know the exact models the emulate... it's got the usual mix of typical hardware sources and a few of their own invention.

Highly recommended, especially at this price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Computer World All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: